The Institute for Development Strategies publishes groundbreaking research in the fields of economic development, entrepreneurship, strategic management, and public policy. Here is a sample of our most recent influential publications that are impacting the next generation of thought leaders in our areas of research.
Impacting the next generation
Scholarship from our researchers
- Audretsch, David B. and Maksim Belitski, (October 2017) “Entrepreneurial Ecosystems in Cities: Establishing the Framework Conditions,” Journal of Technology Transfer, 42(5): 1030–1051.
- Obschonka, Martin, Michael Stuetzer, David B. Audretsch, Peter J. Rentfrow, Jeff Potter, and Samuel D. Gosling, (March 2016) "Macro-psychological Factors Predict Regional Economic Resilience During a Major Economic Crisis,"Social Psychology and Personality Science, 7(2).
- Stuetzer, Michael, M. Obschonka, D. Audretsch, M. Wyrwich, P. Renfrow, M. Coombes, L. Shaw-Taylor, and M. Satchell. (2016) “Industry Structure, Entrepreneurship, and Culture: An Empirical Analysis Using Historical Coalfields,” European Economic Review, 86: 55-72.
- Alvarez, Sharon A., David B. Audretsch and Albert N. Link (2016) “Advancing Our Understanding of Theory in Entrepreneurship.” Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 10(1): 3-4.
- Audretsch, David B., Albert Link, Robert M. Sauer and Donald S. Siegel. (2016) “Advancing the economics of entrepreneurship.” European Economic Review, 86: 1-3.
- Carina Lomberg, Diemo Urbig, Christoph Stockmann, Louis D. Marino, and Pat H. Dickson, (July 2016) "Entrepreneurial Orientation: the dimensions' shared effects in explaining firm performance." Entrepreneurship, Theory & Practice.
- Martin Obschonka, Michael Stuetzer, Martin Obschonka, David B. Audretsch, Michael Wyrwich, Peter J. Rentfrow, Mike Coombes, Leigh-Shaw Taylor, and Max Satchell, (July 2016) “Industry Structure, Entrepreneurship and Culture: An Empirical Analysis Using Historical Coalfields," European Economic Review, 86: 52-72.
- Maksim Belitski, "Taxes, corruption, and entry,"Small Business Economics , and Sameeksha Desai, (June 2016)
- Sameeksha Desai and Besnik A. Krasniqi, "Institutional Drivers of High-growth Firms: Country-level Evidence from 26 Transition Economies,"Small Business Economics, (May 2016)
- Maksim Belitski and Sameeksha Desai, "Creativity, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development: City-Level Evidence on Creativity Spillover of Entrepreneurship,"The Journal of Technology Transfer, (November 2015)
- David B. Audretsch, Maksim Belitski and Sameeksha Desai, "Entrepreneurship and Economic Development in Cities,"The Annals of Regional Science, 55(1), (August 2015)
- Maksim Belitski and Sameeksha Desai, "What Drives ICT Clustering in European Cities?"The Journal of Technology Transfer, (July 2015)
- Welter, F., Baker, T., Audretsch, D. B., & Gartner, W. B. (forthcoming in 2017), “Everyday Entrepreneurship—A Call for Entrepreneurship Research to Embrace Entrepreneurial Diversity.” Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
- Steinberg, P. J., Procher, V. D., Urbig, D. (forthcoming in 2017) "Too much or too little of R&D offshoring: The impact of captive offshoring and contract offshoring on innovation performance. Research Policy.